Marketing Programs and Services
Marketing Programs and Services
BCLCA thinks marketing 365 days a year and we deliver information to consumers 24/7. Our goal is to target people seeking the outdoor recreation lifestyle and drive people to make enquiries and reservations at member properties.
Follow us on social media section NEED TO ADD
- Listing in Super Camping/Select Lodging Guide – 80,000 copies of the guide are printed annually, and the listing works for a full 12 months, (although the guides have a two-year shelf life), all 4 seasons, to attract groups, families, and friends, whatever their combined lodging and camping needs might be. The guides are distributed by Visitor Info Centres in BC/Alberta, RV Rental Stations, Members, Consumer Shows BC/Alberta, BC Ferries and Government Agencies. Listing deadline February 6, 2023. Next publish date May 2023. To purchase listing options, display ad or for edits contact the BCLCA office at 778-383-1037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The BC Super Camping App new in 2020 and available to download for FREE from the Mobile App Store on IOS and Play Store on Android. All BCLCA members who list in the print guide automatically get listed on the Camping App. Downloads of the App since 2019 are 12,186.
- Global online marketing through a responsive design listing on travel-british-columbia.com with over 400,000 visitors in 2022. The web profile listing includes contact information and a link to your website. The listings are managed in house so contact Anne Philley at email@example.com for edits. The web listing profile is included as a benefit of membership, additional feature ads can be purchased on the website to enhance listing profile, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and options.
- Online Campground Booking Options – The listing on the travel-british-columbia.com includes a link to members online booking services so that consumers can book direct. If you do not have online booking, consider booking a demo with one of the preferred suppliers:
- Good Sam solutions Campground Booking https://campgroundsolutions.goodsam.com/solutions/reservation-system/
- Let’s Camp – https://letscamp.ca
- DigitalRez – RezExpert Reservation and Property Management Software System (digitalrez.com)
- Check-In Canada for lodging reservations – Led by the Hotel Association of Canada, Check In Canada™ is a consortium of provincial accommodation associations (including BCLCA) from British Columbia to Ontario who are working together to connect guests directly to the hotels and lodging that serve them. Check In Canada™ is owned by these member-based organizations, not a private, for-profit entity. Its purpose is to enhance the guest experience and drive economic prosperity for Canada’s tourism and hospitality industry. Guests are connected directly to your online booking system, improving the guest experience, reducing your acquisition costs, and allowing you to build a direct one-on-one relationship with your guest(s). See https://www.checkincanada.com/ or for more information and to sign up to the program, contact Robin Garrett at RGarrett@reservationsystems.com.
- Camping and RVing BC Coalition – BCLCA is the lead agency for the Coalition marketing initiatives with staff and contractors employed year-round to manage and implement this annual $150,000 to $200,000 cooperative marketing initiative. The call to action is the website https://www.campingrvbc.com and it lists all BCLCA campground/RV park members in good standing. The listings are managed by BCLCA so contact Anne Philley at email@example.com for edits.
- Camping and RVing BC Coalition & BCLCA – each produce a consumer e-newsletter 6 times a year plus a travel and/or camping blog every two weeks, all designed to encourage visitors to book a member lodging or campground. Members can provide stories or blogs for consideration. Contact the BCLCA office at 778-383-1037 or firstname.lastname@example.org to submit ideas.
- Canadian RVing and Camping Week and Camper Appreciation Weekend – The Canadian RVing & Camping Week, held each May immediately following Victoria Day and the second weekend after Labour Day is National Campers Appreciation Weekend. Members can participate by offering discounted stays and events – there is no fee to participate but you must be a member in good standing. Contact the BCLCA office at 778-383-1037 or email@example.com to express interest and be sent an application.
- Canadian Camping and RV Council website listing – the council offers all BCLCA campground and RV park members a listing on its website – http://ccrvc.ca/campgrounds-canada/. Listings are maintained by the BCLCA office.
- Go RVing Canada Website Listing – all BCLCA members with RV parks and campgrounds are listed on gorving.ca. The updates are taken from listing information supplied by members and managed by the BCLCA office.